Saturday, June 9, 2012

Grilled Dijon and Wild Rice Turkey Burgers

Hello friends, and welcome to another edition of Mama Feta's Meals!  This meal I made last night was so delicious and different that my husband actually asked if I would try making regular burgers this way next time!  Woo!
So first thing's first: I mixed 1/3 cup of mayo with 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard into a small bowl, covered it and put it into the fridge to keep cool while I worked on the burgers.
While that was cooling, I mixed some ground turkey, green onions, cooked wild rice, some more dried dill weed and some Dijon mustard into another small bowl.
Then I formed the mixture into patties, but make sure to make them longer than more round, as the final burger product goes onto French rolls.  This was the cool thing my husband liked and wanted me to do again!  The recipe originally called to grill the burgers, however, if you've read my blog, you should be aware of my lack of finesse with that item!  So I used my handy grill pan to grill the burgers.
I let those grill for about 12-15 minutes, throwing the French rolls onto the grill for the last 4 minutes to let them get grilled a bit, as well.  Once those were cooked, I added the patties to the buns, topped it with the chilled sauce and voila!  Dinner was served!
My husband doesn't even like mustard and he liked this meal!  Not to mention, throwing in the wild rice gave the burgers great texture, so I really suggest trying this one!
The meal was only 350 calories per sandwich and only $1.39/serving AND this meal made 6 sandwiches!  Whoa!
Here's the recipe!

Dilled Dijon Sauce:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Burgers:
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup cooked wild rice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 French rolls, split

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment