Sunday, June 3, 2012

Garlic Chicken with Orzo Noodles

Happy Sunday everyone!!  This meal I made last week and it was really delicious!  I've always wanted to use orzo and I was glad I did!
So, first thing's first: I cut 2 chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and set it aside, and then  I also chopped 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley and peeled two cloves of garlic.
I brought out my larger skillet, added 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and heat it on medium-high heat.  Then I added the whole garlic and 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, cooking it until it was golden brown.  Once that was browned, I added the bite-sized chicken and seasoned it with some salt, cooking it for about 5-7 minutes.
While the chicken was cooking, I brought a pot of water to a boil and cooked the orzo until al dente, about 8 minutes, draining it and immediately adding it to the chicken mixture.  I reduced the heat to medium, as well as added the chopped parsley, making sure to mix it well.
Then I added some fresh spinach to the mix and cooked it until it wilted, about another 5 minutes or so.  I love fresh spinach, so I'm always excited when I get to use it!  Then I topped the meal with grated Parmesan cheese and voila!  Dinner was served!
This meal was, surprisingly, very light.  I assume it was the orzo, which I LOVED.  It was like having rice with the taste of pasta, yummy!  The meal was only 351 calories per serving (the meal made 4 servings) and only $2.50/serving!
Here's the recipe!!

1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
grated Parmesan cheese

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment