Sunday, July 7, 2013

Impossibly Easy Chicken Taco Pie

Hello again!  So this meal was one I made a while ago now, but it definitely was, as the recipe name states, impossibly easy!  I got the original recipe from Betty Crocker and made the usual changes, which will be discussed!
So, first thing's first: the recipe called for 2 cups of 'cooked' chicken but didn't discuss how to cook it, so make sure you cook yours!  I threw my chicken breasts into the oven (that already needed to be preheated to 400 degrees) and allowed that to bake until cooked.  Once it was, I removed the chicken and diced them and set it aside while I continued with the rest of the items.
I sprayed a pie plate with cooking spray and then set it aside.  Then I mixed the previously cooked and diced chicken, 1/2 cup of chopped onion and 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning (I use my own but you can use the pre-made kind, whichever works for you!).  Once that was mixed, I poured it into the pie plate and set it aside.  Then, in a separate bowl, I mixed 1 cup of Bisquick, 1 cup of milk (I used almond milk for my youngest and his allergies) and two eggs with a fork until blended.  When it was blended, I poured it over the chicken mixture and baked it for about 35 minutes, until it was cooked.  Once that was done, I sprinkled it with 1 cup of shredded cheese (the usual GO! Veggie veggie shreds brand I use for the dairy free cheese) and then baked it for an additional 2 minutes and voila!  Dinner was served!
This meal made 8 servings and was only 215 calories/serving, so everyone had two servings!  Yum!  It was also only $1.61/serving (this is based on having two servings, each serving at 8 servings is only $0.80!).  Woo!
Here's the recipe!!

2 cups diced, cooked chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 cup Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment