Friday, July 20, 2012

Grilled Cheese-Stuffed Ground Pork Burgers

Hello my friends!!!!  This meal I'm about to tell you ALL about was DEE-LICIOUS!  I have been craving a burger for a long time, but, as my constant readers know, I don't use ground beef, so I seem to always shy away from making a burger.  Not this day my friends!  These burgers were filling and just the right amount of spice that I absolutely LURVVVVVE!
So, first thing's first: ! mixed 1 pound of ground pork with 1/2 of a jalapeno (that was seeded), 1 cup of cubed mozzarella cheese, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 cup of salsa.  YUM!
The original recipe I actually got from Betty Crocker, however, it called for 3 times as much and I don't have that many people in my family!  :)  Plus it also was ground turkey and Monterey Jack cheese, but I decided to change it up a bit!
Then I shaped the mixture into 4 patties and set aside while I preheat my grill pan!  The recipe called to use a charcoal gas grill, however, as I've said before, I'm not as comfortable with those grills and my grill pan works just as well!
While those cooked (I let them cook for about 15 minutes), I toasted the hamburger buns I had in the toaster, adding some tomato slices and extra salsa to one side of each.  Then, once they were cooked, voila!  Dinner was served!
As I've already mentioned, this meal was so delicious, and, due to the low calories of 290/burger (the recipe I did made 4 burgers), I was able to add a side of sweet potato tater tots!  YUM!  The meal was also only $1.05/serving...this I am not joking about!  This is why I LURVVVVVE WinCo and will advertise the crap out of them until the ends of the earth!
Here's the recipe!

1 pound ground pork
1/2 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup salsa
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
4 slices tomato
Additional salsa

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment