Thursday, July 19, 2012

Easy and Delicious Chicken and Rice Casserole

Hi everyone!  Well let me tell you, with the weather cooling, as I mentioned in another blog that it has been, not only do I love warm soups, but I also love hearty casseroles.  This meal delivered exactly what it states: an easy and delicious casserole!
So first thing's first: I preheat my oven to 350 degrees and then I cooked 1 cup of white rice in my rice cooker and continued with my prep while that was cooking.  I rinsed 4 chicken breasts and pat them dry and, once the rice was cooked, set them on top of it in the bottom of a 9x13 basking dish.
Then, in a separate bowl, I mixed 1 can (10.75 ounces) of cream of chicken soup with 1 7/8 cups of water, and then poured that over the chicken, topping it with 1 package of dry onion soup mix.
Then I covered the baking dish with foil and put it into the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Once it was cooked I served it and, since the meal was fairly low in calories, I was also able to add a side of corn to it, as well!  So voila, dinner was served!
This meal was hearty and had so much flavor for such a small amount of ingredients!  It was only 314 calories for the chicken and rice, and only $3.57/serving!  Whoa!
Here's the recipe!

1 cup uncooked white rice
1 (10.75 ounces) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 7/8 cups water
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment