Friday, January 10, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

So listen, I know I made this meal before, but it's THAT delicious that I felt I needed to make it again and YUM-MY was it still just as good.  Plus, I think I got better pictures this time.  ;)
Anyway, first thing's first: I took three chicken breasts and cooked them in some boiling water for about 15-20 minutes, until they were cooked and I was able to shred with a fork.  Once that was completed, I preheated my oven to 375 degrees and sprayed a baking dish with cooking spray.
I then poured some enchilada sauce into a bowl and added some buffalo wing sauce, stirring it and then setting it aside.  Then I took another bowl and put the shredded chicken in it, along with some green onions and Monterey Jack cheese.  After I mixed that, I added part of the enchilada sauce mixture and mixed everything together.
I took a bit more of the enchilada sauce mixture and put it on the bottom of my baking dish and started putting the enchiladas together.  I filled whole wheat tortillas with tablespoons of the chicken mixture, rolled them up and put them, seam side down, in the baking dish.  Then I poured more of the enchilada sauce mixture on top of the enchiladas and topped it with more Monterey Jack cheese and then cooking the enchiladas for about 25 minutes.
I then immediately took it out of then oven and topped it with Gorgonzola cheese, green onions and cilantro and VOILA!!  Dinner was served!
This meal is just SOOOOO good and so low calorie!  Two enchiladas were only 204/calories and it made 8 enchiladas total!  I was also able to make some homemade tortillas chips too, AND stay under my 500 calorie limit!  WHOOP!  The meal also only cost $2.84/serving!  Yay!!!
Here's the recipe:

8 whole wheat tortillas
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
28 ounce can red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment