Monday, December 2, 2013

California Turkey Burgers

Hi!!!!!  So as I mentioned the other day, I have a bunch of recipes to catch up on from the weeks past and this is one of them!!  I made this a few weeks ago and boy was it delicious!  I love anything with fresh veggies piled on top, and these have three of my favorites.  Looking at it makes me want to mash it all up into some guacamole!!!  Anyway, let's get back on track!
First thing's first: I warmed some olive oil in a skillet in medium heat, then I added some scallions and cooked for about two minutes until softened.  When that was done, I put them into a bowl and seasoned it with salt and pepper, and then I added some sour cream, Worcestershire and ground turkey, mixing until combined.  I formed that mixture into 6 patties and set it aside.
Then I heat my grill pan to medium-high heat, sprayed with cooking spray and then cooked the patties 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other.  I then topped the patties with some blue cheese and allowed it to cook for another 2 minutes, to finish cooking the patties and melt the cheese.
Once those were cooked, I placed them on some whole wheat hamburger buns, topped it with sliced red onion, tomatoes and avocado and VOILA!!!!!  Dinner was served!!  This meal made 6 servings at only 370 calories/serving!  Whoa!  It was also only $2.13/serving!  Yay!!
Here's the recipe:

2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup scallions
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
Cooking spray
3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
2 tomatoes, sliced 14-inch thick
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment