Sunday, September 8, 2013

Skinny Taco Stuffed Peppers

Super easy, super delicious and super low calorie!  This meal was tasty for sure and I absolutely suggest making this!
First thing's first: I started to boil a pot of water while I halved my peppers and seeded them.  I also set the oven to preheat to 350 degrees at this time.
While the water was starting to boil, I also started to cook some ground turkey in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.  As the turkey was cooking, I added two halves of peppers at a time into the boiling water and allowed those to boil for three minutes, setting them onto a cookie sheet once they were done.
Once the turkey had browned, I drained it and then added some taco seasoning and salsa and mixed it together, and then I added some shredded cheddar cheese and let that heat until melted.
When the meat mixture was done and the peppers boiled, I filled each pepper with the meat mixture and allowed those to cook for 22 minutes.  Once that was done, VIOLA!!!  Dinner was served!!!!!
I actually doubled this recipe because it was so low calorie and we each got two peppers which were DELICIOUS.  However, the single serving recipe made 4 servings at only 166 calories per serving!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAnd it was only $1.14/serving!  WHAT?????  As you can see, I also added some sour cream (on mine only, my boys don't seem to enjoy that like I do), which only added another 30 calories (I make sure to get the light version!) and some delicious Tapatio.  Yum!!!
Here's the recipe:

2 large green bell peppers
1 pound ground turkey
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
2 tablespoons salsa
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment