Monday, February 4, 2013

Snack Edition: Baked Mini Churro Bites

Hello again!  What's that you say?  Two blogs in one day?!?  I know, right?  I told you guys I was busy baking and cooking all weekend!  :)
This one got a little messy (not sure if it was the recipe or me haha) so Give yourself some time!  My husband had some serious dishes to do after this!
So first thing's first: I preheated my oven to 350 degrees, sprayed a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set it aside while I prepped everything else.
I whisked together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set that aside, as well.  Then, in my mixer bowl, I beat together some sugar and butter on medium speed for about 3 minutes, and then added an egg and some vanilla.  Once that was combined, I added the flour mixture slowly, alternating between the flour mix and milk.
Once that was all combined, I used two spoons to scoop the batter into the mini muffin pan and put it into the preheated oven for 17 1/2 minutes.  While that was cooking, I melted some butter in a bowl and combined sugar and cinnamon.
When they bites were done cooking, I put them immediately into the melted butter and then dipped it into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  I also had to do two different batches as this recipe makes 30 bites and my pan only held 26, so I actually just had to cook four more.  They were delicious though!  The best part is they're only 85 calories per bite!  What a yummy snack and only $0.20/bite!  Whaaaaaaaat!
Here's the recipe!

for the churros bites:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 ground nutmeg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup milk (we used soy milk for our little lactose intolerant guy!)

for the cinnamon sugar topping:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Happy snacking everyone!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment